Monday, September 29, 2008

Homecoming

Well another year of homecoming has came and went. I can barely remember all the detail of my high school homecomings, but I do remember, I didn't spend that much money on nails and toes! I do have this thing about paying someone to paint your toenails anyway.

I take Kasey over to Mattoon Friday evening and yes I made her spend her money on that sort of thing. :) So I am thinking this will be pretty fast..... I was wrong. There were at least 6 girls there from Shelbyville before we arrived, so there was a little bit of a wait. I left Kasey to do her thing, Amber and I went to do our shopping. After an hour, her toes were the only thing done. So Amber and I left to go eat, another hour later and waiting 30 minutes for a Taco and listening to a screaming kid, which was a whole other story in itself, they were just getting her finished up when we got back. I think back now, a Thurs. evening would have been much better night for this sort of thing, not sure what I was thinking :)

Kasey did send a big Thank you my way for everything so I did cut her some slack on the cost of painted toes, but Dad wasn't so understanding when he found out how much. It turned into a "Are you serious it cost that much to have your toes painted", Looking at me saying "You better not be spending that much money on your toes!" :) I did assure him I wouldn't, but it was very tempting to keep him going! :)

So Sat. morning we go and get her hair done and everything went well with that. She said "Surprise me, I just want something fun" So I was proud to see her so open to anything. Angie did an awesome job on her hair. So we finished up some last minute homecoming shopping and we were ready for homecoming.

I can not believe my daughter is a Sophmore in high school. I am very proud of her and she is such a beautiful person in so many ways!