Monday, August 11, 2008

My "Oklahoma Photographer Friend"

I took a trip to Oklahoma to meet a friend whom is the reason I got into photography more. I have been talking to Melissa for 4 years I was helping her with some pictures on a forum as I did for fun. She and I became good friends right away! She saw my work and pushed me to do photography more.

She has taught me so much, believe me, she laughed with disbelief at how I did things... but I am telling you, I made it work and it didn't cost me anything for a lot of years!! (that would be the way we do it down south) :) But.... she started introducing me an easier way and has taught me so much!!! She did film photography for years, so I was able to teach her a little photoshop and she has taught me to use the right lights, set ups and basics of photography.

We have Wed. morning coffee together, we work on pictures together over the phone and throw idea's at eachother. We are very critical of eachother and learn a lot from eachother.

The visit was very nice, I got to play with all her props and I am so jealous!!!! This girl had 2 rooms full of props! She set her studio up and we played one afternoon. I loved being able to watch her do her thing! Neither one of us wanted our picture taken, but no one else was around to use.

She is building a studio and I loved being able to see how she is going to grow with ease.... I love ya Melissa and will see you again soon!!!




It is never easy to take your own picture!! We were worn out at this point, so this was just going to have to do!




This was my favorite one that I worked on of Melissa!!





This one was kinda neat, Except it says Nikon on it!!! :) That one was a payback Melissa!!




This was one she did of me that I liked the best and Any Canon owner would know that was a Canon Melissa!