Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Weekend Away!!!

I took the much needed weekend off! Craig and I took off for St. Louis for the weekend to celebrate my birthday and our 18th wedding anniversary, coming May 23rd.

The NHRA races were at St. Louis, so we booked a room Friday night and spend the entire day at the race track Saturday. I love just about any racing event, so it was a great way to spend my birthday!!!

Our hotel was very nice, nothing too fancy. The steak resaurant sold it for me! =) So we arrive Friday afternoon, go to eat and of course it is a little more fancy than I had expected, but they still had steak on the menu!!! We had our choice of a free appetizer or glass of wine.... Boones farm wasn't part of the wine list, so we went for the appetizer! Onion rings is the only thing I recognize, so that was what I wanted to order. The waitress informs us there are no onion rings =( Craig and I had to sit there and try and figure out what everything was on that menu. More so me doing the figuring out part. He started explaining to me what little he understood things to be. I was hearing things like squid, fish eggs, crab, (I'm thinking seafood isn't even close to what I call a meal) One thing we weren't sure of, the waitress explained that it was octopus and had a gummy bear texture. I can't even imagin the look I had on my face when she looked at me. I said "UGH no thank you"  So we sit and look over the menu a little bit longer. I am thinking "Crabcakes, Hmmm I doesn't sound as bad as everything else" So I said heck with it, we have a free appetizer, so lets give it a try. It comes out in 2 nice little mounds with decorations and stuff all over it. 1 bite was all we took, I placed it over to the side. The waitress comes back and says "Oh is something wrong with it" I said "No it looks really pretty and all, but we are more steak and potato kinda people". I was seriously worried about the steak at this point! It's really hard to mess up a steak, but I was still worried! Needless to say everything else was wonderful!!!

I enjoyed the day walking around just taking photos. I wasn't a digital artist this weekend, just someone carrying a camera capturing everyone doing their thing!