Friday, September 5, 2008

Getting things back on track

I am not working at the dentist office anymore... took a week off to get my thoughts together on slowing things down in my life. It got to be too much working a full time job and doing photography. I had turned down a lot of photography business because I didn't have time.

I have wiped the slate clean.... put a lot of thought into what to do part time and still allow for my photography. I have cleaned houses before and didn't mind doing it at all... my friend from Oklahoma suggested I clean a few houses a week in the morning and free up my afternoons to do photography... So that is what I am doing. It has turned out very well so far... I have 3 houses I am cleaning, I am editing photo's for a photographers part time and getting my own photography done in the afternoons. I have lots more free time when my family comes home.

I had forgot what it was like to just live..... have supper on the table for the family, keeping up with house work.... sitting and watching TV of an evening, so I am very happy to be settled down a little bit and not feel like something has to give!

I have found myself putting more time into photography with out feeling rushed.... lots more time to plan things out with out rushing to get home after work and put things together. I am hoping to start meeting and learning more from some great photographers that I have spoke with in the past!