Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Where were we????

Where did summer go????

I know I am way behind on blogging!!!! I'm not even gonna try to post an update on all the pictures I have done from the last time I was on here. I will let you know what has been going on with me...... First..... I have been spending lots of time having fun on the river. We have developed a new hobby, fishing. We have spent a lot of time on our boat on the river this year, so I have enjoyed a very relaxing summer. I have found having a year off of work was a great time to do what I wanted to do, but I saw all those little "To Do" things building up and being just about as bad as just getting up and going to "A" job. So........

I got a job at the Shelby County Sheriffs office here in Shelbyville. I started the first part of August, so I have been really busy training to be a Corrections Officer. I am super excited to get into this sort of field. I was actually considering going back to school to do something that was more of an interest to me. I started with my background of being a volunteer rescue worker and the passion I have for that. So when this position became available, I didn't even have to think twice to know I was getting very warm to something I would like. So.... I am working as a Corrections Officer and I am enjoying every minute of it. I have had lots and lots of positive feedback about this kind of job suiting my personality.......I'll take that as positive feedback anyway =)

With this being said.... I have to let everyone know I AM NOT getting out of photography!!!!! I have had so many people ask me about me leaving photography. I have never looked at photography as my job!!!! I am very aware It can not be ran as a business and expected to support a family unless I raised my prices to outrageous dollar amounts. That defeats the the whole purpose as to why I ever started photography in the first place. I wanted to be able to do what I loved and offer people professional affordable portraits at the same time. So, no I am not giving up photography!!! I did have people on hold for sessions for a little while until I knew what my training at the Sheriffs office was going to involve, but I have started my session bookings again. The position at the Sheriffs office is part time, which is completely perfect for me to still be able to be a mom, photographer and working woman =) ....( I could go on with all the other titles my expertise have given me)

I am full on my Senior representatives, so I am excited to finish with their portraits. I have just been doing half sessions here and there with them. I have had some fun and great shots with these kids!!!

I am not going to go back and try to update all my portraits that I have been doing because I have taken them off my computer and saved on my external hard drive...(which means I did get my computer cleaned out) YEAH!!!! but I will try to pick up the last few I have on this computer. I will be as bad or worse at updating my blog, but I will try to the best of my ability to keep a few sessions rolling in here for everyone to see.