Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Christmas too soon?

Well I have had my Christmas stuff up for a couple weeks now. I know.... it is way too early!!!!
I will be the first one to gripe about going from Halloween to Christmas.
My Christmas stuff for pictures was in the back of the attic behind all the other house Christmas things. So I had at least 20 Christmas boxes laying out in the upstairs hallway, in every one's way. It didn't make sense to dig out and put back, so I just left them out in the way for awhile.
One afternoon I told Craig I was going to set up Christmas, He had already given me orders "NOT BEFORE THANKSGIVING" a week before :) I am not usually this early, but I tell ya, I have to be in the mood to dedicate an afternoon to setting up, and I was in the mood. So I got started.
I am not a big shopper after Christmas... It has always seemed silly to me to buy Christmas stuff on sale after Christmas... maybe because I am broke after Christmas, so why worry about a sale for something the next year? I don't know, but I don't usually do it.
We have always had our what I call "Big full Christmas tree" in our "entryway" room (this is a room off our front living room) Well that is all my picture area now. Since we have built our family room, I couldn't put our big full tree back there as there was no room. We used a small tree in our family room and put the big full tree in the dining room. Well it didn't seem like a nice enough tree, so I had made the comment for 4 years, I would like a big tall skinny tree. After a couple years of saying that, I was walking through walmart "After Christmas" and saw this tall skinny tree, really cheap! Like 80% off cheap. So I bought it!
This is the first year I put this tree up, and I was starting to sweat it a little bit as I climbed up on a step stool to put the top part on. I was not sure this 9 foot tree was going to fit! If you knew my history of buying real trees over the years, you would understand why I was sweating it. If this tree didn't fit, I didn't know what I was going to do! I was just in Aw after seeing it up! I didn't have to screw it to the floor, to the wall, or cut 2 foot off of it to make it fit. So I was very excited to see it up and looking so beautiful and it fit perfect for our family room!
Needless to say, the "Big full tree" didn't make it out of the attic this year :( When we remodeled the kitchen and dining room, there ended up no room for it. Too much stuff in this house??? Probably!!! :)
When Christmas is over, I will be ready for Spring!!!! :)